Sunday, February 17, 2008

Let's Play in the Kitchen!

This blog is a spinoff of my personal blog. Politics and philosophy are also passions of mine, but it can be a real turnoff for people that aren't accustomed to debate or questioning cherished ideas.

The kitchen, on the other hand, is another story. Every good interviewer knows that if you want to find out what a person is really like, don't interview them on the set or in the parlor, interview them in the kitchen. And it's a very potent symbol--that is where the foods are made that bring us as families--no matter how diverse--together.

This blog is my own contribution, where I'll be documenting some of my own culinary experiments. While I've been called a gourmet and a professional cook (nevermind that I've never been trained or worked in that capacity,) the truth of the matter is that I am just a guy that likes to play in the kitchen.

And if you like to play in the kitchen too, then you're more than welcome to help yourself to the ideas in this blog. Being able to follow directions for a recipe is one thing, but I'm hoping that these will give you a basic framework to play with making your own culinary masterpieces.

Bon appetit, and let the games begin!

--Jason B.

No comments: